Mailchimp Email & Squarespace Email are probably the two most user friendly email systems out there - at least from my experience.
If you have a Squarespace website already, you know that Mailchimp used to be the default email list that Squarespace recommended until they recently came out with their own email platform.
Below are the primary list of Pros & Cons of Squarespace versus Mailchimp:
- Less expensive (over time)
- integrated all in one place with your website
- A bit easier to use and manage on your own (especially if you’re already used to Squarespace)
- Not a lot of advanced features like A/B testing, or lots of automated email sequences. This will likely come in the future, but it’s certainly not advanced right now.
- Ability to do lots of segmenting, A/B testing, complex automated sequences, ideal for ecommerce businesses
- More customization ability and more integration with lots of other tools and features and third-party software
- Can get more expensive (as your list gets bigger over time)
- A lot more options so a little harder to manage over time
- A totally separate system from Squarespace website which means more of a learning curve
If you are a small 1-to-20 person professional service company, like an interior designer, architect, landscaper, custom home builder, photographer, lawyer, accountant, etc, consider Squarespace as a simpler option.
For larger firms, ecommerce or requiring complex functionality, I think Mailchimp is the right option for you.